WEEKEND MOVIE WRAP-UP
- The blockbuster film The Hunger Games topped the box office for the fourth straight weekend, raising its domestic total to $337.1 million.
- Opening in second place was the comedy The Three Stooges, brothers Peter and Bobby Farrelly's update on the legendary slapstick trio, starring Chris Diamantopoulos as Moe, Sean Hayes as Larry and Will Sasso as Curly. Jane Lynch and Sofia Vergara co-star.
- The Cabin in the Woods, a thriller about five friends who go to a remote cabin that offers a twist on the horror genere, debuted at Number Three. Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Fran Kranz, Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins star.
- Opening in ninth place was the sci-fi/action film Lockout, starring Guy Pearce as a man wrongly convicted of espionage against the U.S. who's offered freedom if he can rescue the president's daughter from an outer space prison that's been taken over by dangerous inmates. Co-starring are Maggie Grace, Peter Stormare and Joe Gilgun. (Pulse)
THIS WEEKEND'S TOP TEN MOVIES -- APRIL 13-15
- The Hunger Games, $21.5 million
- The Three Stooges, $17.1 million
- The Cabin in the Woods, $14.9 million
- Titanic in 3-D, $11.6 million
- American Reunion, $10.6 million
- Mirror Mirror, $7 million
- Wrath of the Titans, $6.9 million
- 21 Jump Street, $6.8 million
- Lockout, $6.3 million
- Dr. Seuss' the Lorax, $3 million
OPENING THIS WEEK:
THE LUCKY ONE